Cases of child abuse all over the world continue to increase, despite the efforts of non-government and government agencies to lower child abuse rate the number of children being victimized remains high.
This is probably due to the fact that poverty is rampant in many developing countries and the internet is providing new ways to lure impoverished children into entering prostitution which is just another form of child abuse.
A lot still needs to be done when it comes to reducing the number of child abuse cases; here are some presented solutions on how certain countries can lower the child abuse rate record in their country.
Children who have experienced being abused are going to gain feelings of hopelessness, depression and can experience self-destructive and anti-social behaviour. The cruelty that they have experienced if not given justice and proper guidance and counselling can lead to future problems when they become adults.
Every country is encouraged to strengthen their child abuse laws, especially any kind of pervading belief that lead a certain community to abuse, exploit or degrade children in any way.
1. Strengthen child abuse prevention services that support children and families that have been affected- one effective method that can reduce the cases of child abuse in a particular country is to provide financial assistance and protection to child abuse prevention centers in a particular area.
Several child abuse crimes are being done by organized crime groups, these groups are responsible for child trafficking and other forms of child abuse.
In order for anti-child abuse organizations to thrive, there is a need for financial assistance as well as added security and protection for the social workers.
2. Promotion of research, training and public education regarding child abuse- information regarding child abuse, what child abuse is, how it could be avoided, how to help the victim are just several questions that need to be answered.
School curriculums need to include child abuse information awareness drive, it is important that there is a vast information about what people can do in order to prevent the increase of child abuse cases in a certain area.
Children must also be taught practical ways on how they can defend themselves.
3. Increased social media pressure against child sex abuse, acts- nowadays the power of social media cannot be underestimated. Government agencies as well as non-profit organizations that are focusing on combating child abuse need to increase the awareness of the unacceptability of child sexual abuse.
4. Incorporate child abuse awareness in public education- one of the best ways to stop the number of child abuse cases in the future is to include public lectures in school regarding sexual abuse. There should be a clear distinction on what should be considered appropriate between adults and children. An effective dissemination of information is key, policy makers need to lobby rules that will help break the silence and taboo that surrounds child sexual abuse.
5. Constant re-evaluation of existing child abuse prevention programs- the definition of child abuse will change, technology will have a direct impact with regards to these changes, for this reason there is a need to have an up-to-date child abuse prevention program.